Full and limited validity passports are issued by the American Citizen Services section. In Thailand, all persons, including minors, seeking a U.S. passport must appear in person at the Embassy to apply. All passport applications require appointments, with the exception of emergency passport applications. To make an appointment for a passport service, please click here.
When traveling, please remember to carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will help facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.
1. Make an appointment (click here).
2. Complete an application and submit it with the required supporting documents (see below for details) to the American Citizen Services section during your appointment. Do not sign your application, until asked to do so before a Consular Officer.
Passport application forms:
A. Proof of Citizenship Please bring one of the following original documents. (A current passport may serve as proof of both citizenship and identification.)
- Previously issued U.S. passport;
- U.S. birth certificate (original or copy certified by an official government custodian of birth records);
- Naturalization Certificate;
- Certificate of Citizenship; or
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
B. Proof of Identity Please bring one or more of the following original documents:
- Previously issued U.S. passport;
- Naturalization Certificate; or
- A government-issued photo identity document issued by a competent authority of the municipality, state, or country in which the applicant resides (e.g. driver's license, or military I.D. card).
C. Provide Social Security number on application
D. Photograph: One photograph is required. The picture must have been taken within the last six months, 2 x 2 inches (with the size of the head between 1 and 1 3/8 inches), and in color. The photo must be clear, front view, full face, and in focus. The background must be plain white or off-white. Please print the applicant's first and last name on the back of the photo.
E. For minors (children under 16 years of age): Along with the requirements stated in the above website, please bring photos of your child covering the validity period of the passport for your child, a minimum of one picture for each year of validity is recommended.
If both parents are not able to be present for the minor’s passport application, the absent parent should complete Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16.
First adult passport, replacement for a lost, stolen or mutilated passport of an adult: the passport application fee is $110. The execution fee is $25. The total is $135.
Under Age 16: The passport application fee is $80. The execution fee is $25. The total is $105.
Adult Renewals: The passport application fee is $110. There is no execution fee for this category.
4. Allow two weeks for processing. Passports must be collected at the ACS section by the applicant or authorized representative. An appointment is not necessary to pick up your passport.
Emergency passports are issued on a case by case basis, and are valid for three months up to one year, depending on circumstances. Presentation of evidence, such as a flight itinerary will be required for proof of genuine need for an emergency passport. Emergency passports require a minimum of 24 hours to process. We are prohibited from adding additional visa pages to an emergency passport.
PASSPORT EXPIRATION DATES
Please be aware that many countries require six full months of validity remaining on a passport in order to issue a visa upon arrival. Boarding may be denied at the airport for travel to third countries from Thailand, and travel back into Thailand if -there is less than six months validity remaining.
For more information please refer to the U.S. Department of State website on passport applications or the U.S. Department of State website on applying for a U.S. passport abroad. Please be advised that some procedures for passport applications abroad may vary according to the country in which the passport application is made.
Appointments are required for all services.
Make an Appointment