Welcome to the Nonimmigrant Visa Homepage!
Thank you for your interest in traveling to the United States. We hope that this website makes it easier for you to select and apply for the proper nonimmigrant visa.
To begin your Nonimmigrant visa application, visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/th
Nonimmigrant visas (also called visitor or tourist visas) are required for all citizens of countries not under the Visa Waiver Program who intend to enter the United States temporarily for business, tourism or study. The type of nonimmigrant visa you will need and the requirements to apply for that visa depend largely on your purpose of travel to the United States.
The Embassy strongly encourages intending travelers to apply for visas well in advance of their proposed travel, and always to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until they have received their passports with visas. Please note that there are no visa appointments on Thai and U.S. holidays.
PLEASE NOTE: Visa Section Access Policy
Day of Appointment Instructions:
- Please have all necessary forms/documentation completed and ready to present to an Embassy official.
- Bring your passport, a printed copy of your DS-160 application confirmation page, Thai Post visa application payment receipt, and one photo taken no more than six months ago.
- Bring no more than one cell phone – laptops or photographic equipment of any kind are not allowed. Please take your cell phone out and turn it off before entering the building to present it to the security guard.
Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the US Embassy and the Embassy guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment
- Any food item (there is a coffee stand with snacks available for purchase).
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the US Embassy will not accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items. You will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.
Apply for a visa today!
- Visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com/th to make an appointment!
95 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Call Center representatives will be available:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Local telephone: 02-105 4110; from the U.S. (703)-665-7349