Types of Nonimmigrant Visa
TYPES OF NONIMMIGRANT VISA
The type of visa you will need and the requirements to apply for that visa depend primarily on your purpose of travel to the United States. Click on the type of visa below to learn more about the requirements for that visa class:
- A & G: Representatives of foreign governments
- A-3 and G-5: Personal/Domestic Employee of representatives of foreign governments
- B-1/B-2: The visitor visa, which is issued to aliens for several purposes:
- B-2: For tourism, visit to friends and relatives, medical treatment, and amateur/unpaid participants in cultural or sports events
- B-1: For general business purposes (meetings, short-term training, etc)
- B-1: For personal/domestic employees of B, E, F, H, I, J, L, O, P, and Q visa holders and U.S. citizens temporarily assigned to the United States.
For information on bringing your domestic employee to the U.S. for U.S. citizens, please click here.
- B-1/OCS: For crewmembers working on Outer Continental Shelf (B-1/OCS) and yachts (B-1)
- C-1: People transiting through the U.S.
- C-1/D: Crewmembers (Airlines and Ships)
- E: Treaty Traders (E-1) and Treaty Investors (E-2)
- F: Students in academic or language programs
- H: Temporary workers and trainees, including H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, and H-4
- I: Journalists and members of the media
- J: Exchange visitors
- K: Fiancé(e)/spouse of a U.S. citizen
- L: Intra-company transferees, including L-1 and L-2
- M: Students in vocational or other non-academic programs
- O: Temporary workers of extraordinary ability
- P: Athletes and entertainers
- Q: Cultural exchange visitors
- R: Religious workers
- TD: NAFTA Derivative
Please visit the Application Process page for further information.
Forbidden Items and Entry Regulations
NO backpacks, suitcases, or large bags/handbags
NO laptops, tablets or MP3 players
NO cameras, electronic chargers and ear plugs
More restricted items
Only visa applicants with confirmed appointments will be granted access on to the Embassy compound. Accompanying persons are required to wait outside the Embassy entrance.
If you fail to follow these security requirements you may face delays or cancellations to your visit.
95 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Call Center representatives will be available:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Local telephone: 02-105 4110; from the U.S. (703)-665-7349