Nonimmigrant Visa Application Procedures
ALL APPLICANTS, REGARDLESS OF AGE (excluding those applying for diplomatic visas), ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR AT THE EMBASSY FOR AN INTERVIEW.
The consular section at U.S. Embassy Bangkok provides visa services for citizens and residents of Thailand. If you live in Chiang Mai or its surrounds, you may interview for nonimmigrant visas in Chiang Mai.
The Embassy strongly encourages intending travelers to apply for visas well in advance of their proposed travel, and always to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until they have received their passports with visas. Please note that there are not visa appointments on Thai and U.S. holidays.
For information regarding medical emergencies and expedited appointment requests, please go to the Expedited Visa Appointments page.
As of February 7, 2014, all nonimmigrant visa appointments are made through our new website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/th
The New Nonimmigrant Visa Application Procedure
- Visit www.ustraveldocs.com/th and create an account. Determine your visa type, and the corresponding visa fee. This will print a personalized bank deposit slip.
- Take your deposit slip to a designated Krungsri Bank location to pay your visa application fee.
- Complete your DS-160 online visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
- Schedule an appointment for your visa interview online at www.ustraveldocs.com/th or by phone through the Call Center at 02-105-4110.
- Enter your delivery address when you schedule your appointment. If your application is approved, your visa will be delivered to your selected location for pickup or delivery.
- Please see www.ustraveldocs.com/th for further details about the process.
Apply for a visa today!
- Visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com/th to make an appointment!
95 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Call Center representatives will be available:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Local telephone: 02-105 4110; from the U.S. (703)-665-7349