Instruction and Appointment Packages
PLEASE NOTE: Visa Section Access Policy
Day of Appointment Instructions:
- Please have all necessary forms/documentation completed and ready to present to an Embassy official.
- Bring your passport, a printed copy of your DS-160 (for K) or DS-260 (for IV) application confirmation page, Krung Sri Bank “K” visa application payment receipt (“IV” visa application payment receipt is normally sent to Post by NVC), and two photographs taken no more than six months ago.
- Bring no more than one cell phone – laptops or photographic equipment of any kind are not allowed. Please take your cell phone out and turn it off before entering the building to present it to the security guard.
Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the US Embassy and the Embassy guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment
- Any food item (there is a coffee stand with snacks available for purchase).
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the US Embassy will not accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items. You will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.
In immigrant visa cases, the petitioner and/or applicant will receive instruction and appointment packages from the National Visa Center (NVC).
In K and immigrant visa petitions approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in Bangkok, applicants should download the visa packages from this web page. Receipt of an I-797 Notice of Approval from USCIS does not indicate that the case is pending with the U.S. Embassy. The downloadable documents below are provided solely for those who have cases pending with the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. Please do not send any of the documents below to the Embassy unless instructed to do so.
Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements to the U.S. (i.e. airfare) without having an immigrant visa (including fiancé visa and adoption visa) in your possession. The U.S. Consulate General accepts no responsibility expenses incurred, if you do so. Provided a visa is approved, it may be issued within a few business days; however, we are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa prior to specific travel date. You risk financial loss if you ignore this advice.
"K Visa" Packages
- Instruction Package for "K" Visa Applicants (K Packet 3) (PDF 334KB)
- Appointment Package for "K" Visa Applicants (K Packet 4) (PDF 272KB)
"Immigrant Visa" Packages
- Instruction Package for "IV" Visa Applicants (IV Packet 3) (PDF 333KB)
- Appointment Package for "IV" Visa Applicants (IV Packet 4) (PDF 290KB)
Forms and other Documents
- Form DS-2001, Notification of Applicant Readiness (PDF 29KB)
- Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application – For Ks
- Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application – For all other IVs
- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act
- Form I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act
- Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member
- Form I-864W, Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption
- Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines
- Form I-134, Affidavit of Support
- Medical Exam Documents: Medical Instruction (Updated March 2014) (PDF 88KB), Medical Forms
- Instruction for Thai Police Clearance Certificate (Updated February 2014) (PDF 100KB)
- Photograph Requirements (PDF 191KB)
- Instruction for Obtaining A Custody Consent (PDF 405KB)
- Marital Certificate Sample (PDF 156KB)
- DNA Instruction (PDF 176KB)
- Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa: Pamphlet in English (PDF 54KB), Pamphlet in Thai (PDF 154KB).