Make an Appointment
In order to serve you efficiently, the American Citizen Services unit uses an online appointment system for all non-emergency services including notarials, passport services, and registering a child as a U.S. citizen (Consular Report of Birth Abroad). The appointment system cuts the wait time in our office and allows us to provide you with better service. We continue to provide Emergency Services on an as needed basis, but you must have an appointment for non-emergency services. We are not able to book appointments over the phone. You must use the online system to schedule an appointment with American Citizen Services.
Day of Appointment Instructions:
- Please have all necessary forms/documentation completed and ready to present to an Embassy official.
- Bring a printed copy of your appointment confirmation page.
- Have your Passport and/or government-issued ID ready and easily accessible.
- Bring no more than one small electronic device, such as a cell phone or MP3 player – do not bring laptops or photographic equipment –and have the device out and ready to present to the security guard before you enter the screening area.
- Check in at Window 3 and give our staff a copy of your appointment confirmation printout upon arrival in our waiting room.
- Feel free to use the telephone by the guard booth. Dial x4000 to reach an English-speaking Embassy employee if you have any questions.
Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the US Embassy and local guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment
- Any food item (a coffee stand with snacks is available).
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the US Embassy will not accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items. You will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.
If you have read and understand fully all of the above information, you may make an appointment using our ACS Appointment System Website.
Appointments are required for all services.
Make an Appointment